What should you do if you receive an account suspension?
5 Steps to Appeal an Amazon Account Suspension (if a plan of action is required)
1. Understand why your account was suspended. The first step is to find out why your account was suspended. Amazon will give you a general reason for the suspension in the notification email, but you’ll need to review information in your account and listings to get more detail. It may be due to a policy violation, a trademark issue, or a customer complaint or feedback. Once you better understand why your account was suspended, you can start working on a plan to fix the problem and get your account reinstated.
2. Gather evidence. Once you know why your account was suspended, it’s time to start gathering evidence that you can use to address and appeal the suspension. This may include order receipts or an invoice, customer communications, and shipping records. You need to have documents to provide proof and explain the situation, and you might need to request additional documents from your supplier or screenshot your listings. Anything that will help show that you comply with Amazon’s policies and procedures should be collected and organized.
3. Write a plan of action (appeal letter). After you have all the evidence gathered, it’s time to write a plan of action outlining what you will do to fix the problems that led to the suspension of your account. Be sure to be specific in your action plan, focusing on only the reason they gave for the infringement or warning, for example. Include specific details for each task. This will show Amazon that you are serious about reinstating your account and that your company is taking steps to prevent the suspension from happening again.
You must keep your message writing concise and form a simple appeal. You must cover all the information discussed in your notice. While it may not seem like it, these are meant to be helpful. Mention the policy violations and account health issues that may have led to your account closure. If the problem is a specific inventory item, create your letter around this.
4. Submit your appeal. Once you have everything ready, it’s time to submit your appeal letter to Amazon. You will need to provide them with all the evidence and information you have gathered, as well as your plan of action. Depending on the reason for the suspension, they may require additional information, invoice, or documentation before deciding whether to reinstate your store. You usually need to wait 24 to 48 hours for feedback.
5. Follow up as needed. After you have submitted your appeal, it’s important to follow up as needed with Amazon until they respond regarding your account status. If they require additional information or documentation for appealing the claim, be sure to provide it promptly so they can decide on your appeal promptly.
Receiving an Amazon account suspension can be a daunting experience, but it’s important to keep calm and take actionable steps to appeal the decision and get your account reinstated. By following these five steps, I hope you’ll be well on your way to getting back up and running on Amazon in no time! *Note your account health rating will take a long time to return to above 150-200
Suspended on Amazon?
Let my 8 years of experience in appealing suspensions help you get back to selling on Amazon. Contact me now, and let’s get started on your appeal!
Get your Amazon Seller Account reinstated and get back to selling on Amazon.
Suspension Experts can help you appeal your suspension and get reinstated